The Formula One World Championship is one of the most anticipated and prestigious events in the world of motorsports and as it begins, how to watch F1 for free in India becomes a common question. Summoning all these curious minds here is a Formula One championship blog to assist you to free up your schedule and enjoy the race uninterrupted.
The tournament has a long history that dates back to the 1950s, and fans from all around the world tune in to see the best drivers in the world compete for the championship.
There is already a great deal of enthusiasm and expectation growing as the 2023 season draws near for what is sure to be another fantastic year of racing.
- 1 The 2023 Formula One World Championship: Highlights
- 2 Formula One Championship 2023: Where To Watch In India?
- 3 Where To Watch F1 Live In India?
- 4 How To Watch F1 For Free In India?
- 5 Formula One Not Live In India: Know Why
- 6 Most Popular Formula One Driver In 2023
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions:
- 8 Conclusion
The 2023 Formula One World Championship: Highlights
- Formula One vehicle competes in the 74th Formula One World Championship.
- The championship, which started on the 31st of March and will continue till November, will be decided over a record twenty-three Grands Prix that will take place all over the world.
- Max Verstappen, being the ultimate current F1 champion is reported to compete along Red Bull Racing-Honda RBPT.
- World Drivers’ Championship leader at the moment is Max Verstappen.
Formula One Championship 2023: Where To Watch In India?
The Formula 1 management TV used to live broadcast all their races up until 2022, this configuration has changed quite a bit as it no longer airs on Disney+Hotstar or Star Sports. Instead, it is made available on F1 TV, its own OTT platform.
All Indian fans can sign up for free today to watch the live streaming.
|Latest Arrivals||Racing Car Constructors||Chassis||Engine Power||Drivers|
|Alfa Romeo F1 Team Stake||Alfa Romeo-Ferrari||C43||Ferrari 066/10||2477||Zhou Guanyu Valtteri Bottas||1–31–3|
|Scuderia AlphaTauri||AlphaTauri-Hondan RBPT||AT04||Honda RBPTH001||2122||Nyck de Vries Yuki Tsunoda||1–31–3|
|BWT Alpine F1 Team||Alpine-Renault||A523||Renault E-Tech RE23||1031||Pierre Gasly Esteban Ocon||1–31–3|
|Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant F1 Team||Aston Martin Aramco-Mercedes||AMR23||Mercedes-AMG F1 M14||1418||Fernando Alonso Lance Stroll||1–31–3|
|Scuderia Ferrari||Ferrari||SF-23||Ferrari 066/10||1655||Charles Leclerc Carlos Sainz Jr.||1–31–3|
|MoneyGram Haas F1 Team||Haas-Ferrari||VF-23||Ferrari 066/10||2027||Kevin Magnussen Nico Hülkenberg||1–31–3|
|McLaren F1 Team||McLaren-Mercedes||MCL60||Mercedes-AMG F1 M14||481||Lando Norris Oscar Piastri||1–31–3|
|Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team||Mercedes||F1 W14||Mercedes-AMG F1 M14||4463||Lewis Hamilton George Russell||1–31–3|
|Oracle Red Bull Racing||Red Bull Racing-Honda RBPT||RB19||Honda RBPTH001||111||Max Verstappen Sergio Pérez||1–31–3|
|Williams Racing||Williams-Mercedes||FW45||Mercedes-AMG F1 M14||223||Logan Sargeant Alexander Albon||1–31–3|
Must check: Top 10 Best App To Watch IPL Live Free In 2023
Millions of spectators watch the Formula One Championship, a well-known motor racing sport that is broadcast worldwide. The championship will enter another thrilling season in 2023, with new teams, drivers, and races expected to excite spectators.
Here is the chart of the Grand Prix featuring Formula One Championship 2023.
|Round||Grand Prix||Circuit||Race Date|
|1||Bahrain Grand Prix||Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir||5 March|
|2||Saudi Arabian Grand Prix||Jeddah Corniche Circuit, Jeddah||19 March|
|3||Australian Grand Prix||Albert Park Circuit, Melbourne||2 April|
|4||Azerbaijan Grand Prix||Baku City Circuit, Baku||30 April|
|5||Miami Grand Prix||Miami International Autodrome, Miami Gardens, Florida||7 May|
|6||Emilia Romagna Grand Prix||Imola Circuit, Imola||21 May|
|7||Monaco Grand Prix||Circuit de Monaco, Monaco||28 May|
|8||Spanish Grand Prix||Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Montmeló||4 June|
|9||Canadian Grand Prix||Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montréal||18 June|
|10||Austrian Grand Prix||Red Bull Ring, Spielberg||2 July|
|11||British Grand Prix||Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone||9 July|
|12||Hungarian Grand Prix||Hungaroring, Mogyoród||23 July|
|13||Belgian Grand Prix||Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Stavelot||30 July|
|14||Dutch Grand Prix||Circuit Zandvoort, Zandvoort||27 August|
|15||Italian Grand Prix||Monza Circuit, Monza||3 September|
|16||Singapore Grand Prix||Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore||17 September|
|17||Japanese Grand Prix||Suzuka International Racing Course, Suzuka||24 September|
|18||Qatar Grand Prix||Lusail International Circuit, Lusail||8 October|
|19||United States Grand Prix||Circuit of the Americas, Austin, Texas||22 October|
|20||Mexico City Grand Prix||Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Mexico City||29 October|
|21||São Paulo Grand Prix||Interlagos Circuit, São Paulo||5 November|
|22||Las Vegas Grand Prix||Las Vegas Strip Circuit, Las Vegas, Nevada||18 November|
|23||Abu Dhabi Grand Prix||Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi||26 November|
- These racing events began in March with the first race held in the Bahrain Grand Prix scheduled for the 5th of March, 2023.
- The Qatar Prix and Saudi Arabian Grand Prix were originally planned to be shifted along a new circuit, but both were retained in Lusail and Jeddah. This Grand Prix is scheduled for 19th March and 8th April 2023.
- In 1982, the season of the championship was organized in the United States in Ceasars Palace Grand Prix with three massive races. Since then this will be the debut of the Las Vegas Grand Prix circuit in November 2023.
- The Russian Grand Prix was initially contracted but with the latest invasion of Russia into Ukraine in 2022, the contract expired and was held null and void.
- With agreement stated through other Grand Prix and by using the shared slot, the French Grand Prix will also appear on the list of Grand Prix in the Formula One Championship 2023.
- In 2019, the Mexico City Grand Prix was featured in the calendar but due to inconvenience caused and protocols followed, It is temporarily canceled causing it to break the record for the fourth time consecutive Grand Prix.
Official F1 Teams For The 2023 Championship
In every Formula One Championship, 20 drivers in total participate in 10 teams, that is, 2 drivers in each team. The current team structure for this year’s competition is as follows:
|Team Name||Driver 1 Name||Driver 2 Name|
|Mercedes||George Russell||Lewis Hamilton|
|Alpine||Esteban Ocon||Pierre Gasly|
|Haas F1 Team||Kevin Magnussen||Nico Hulkenberg|
|McLaren||Oscar Piastri||Lando Norris|
|Red Bull Racing||Max Verstappen||Sergio Perez|
|Aston Martin||Lance Stroll||Fernando Alonso|
|Alpha Tauri||Nyck de Vries||Yuki Tsunoda|
|Ferrari||Charles Leclerc||Carlos Sainz|
|Alfa Romeo||Valtteri Bottas||Guanyu Zhou|
|Williams||Alexander Albon||Logan Sargent|
Where To Watch F1 Live In India?
To watch Formula One live in India you can sign up for F1 TV, followed by subscribing to the service on the F1 TV website to enjoy your sports addiction.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the F1 TV website and click on the “Subscribe” button.
- Choose the subscription package that you want. There are two main options: F1 TV Pro, which provides access to live race coverage and other features, and F1 TV Access, which provides access to race replays, highlights, and other features.
- Create an account and provide your payment details to complete the subscription process.
- You can watch F1 TV on a variety of devices after subscribing, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and smart Televisions.
- To watch a race live, log in to your F1 TV account and navigate to the live coverage section. You can also watch replays, highlights, and other content on demand.
Please note that the availability of F1 TV may vary by region and some races may be subject to blackout restrictions. Additionally, F1 TVs may require a reliable internet connection and adequate device specifications to provide a smooth streaming experience.
How To Watch F1 For Free In India?
Formula One can be watched for free in India through a good streaming VPN. These VPNs typically broadcasts the races live, and you can check their schedule to confirm the timings.
Another option is to watch the highlights and race analysis on Formula One’s official YouTube channel. They typically upload the race highlights a few hours after the race has ended, and you can watch it for free.
To start watching your favorite racers of Formula One, you can begin by discovering a reliable and good-quality Virtual Private Network (VPN), provided below in the chart, and start deploying its usage to the internet to change your location from India to anywhere where the live streaming is not banned.
Follow the quick steps to install your VPN and enjoy the race free in India:
- Select a reliable streaming VPN that offers servers in all the nations that offer free F1 streams, as well as the viewing speeds required.
- Install the appropriate VPN program on your device by downloading it on your device of choice.
- Try connecting the servers. A Luxembourg server should be accessed.
- As the Formula One Grand Prix begins, go to RTL Zwee.
- Congratulations! You are all set now. Enjoy your Formula One races.
Here is a list of all possible online broadcasters streaming all 23 races of 2023 where you can watch f1 online in India for free:
|Luxembourg (Recommended)||RTL ZWEE||Live coverage of all 23 races||None|
|Belgium||RTBF||Live coverage of all 23 races||Email, name, birthday, Belgian postcode|
|Brazil||Band||Live coverage of all 23 races||Email, name, birthday|
|Austria||Servus TV||Limited live streams and replays||None|
|Switzerland||Play SRF||Limited live streams and replays||None|
|Albania||RTSH||Limited live streams||None|
|United Kingdom||Channel 4||Watch Highlights||Email, name, and UK address|
|United States||SlingTVYouTube TVDIRECTV STREAMFuboTV||Live coverage of all 23 races||Subscription (Free Trials)|
Formula One Not Live In India: Know Why
Although India has one of the best racing tracks, F1 races are no longer held in India. India hosted the last F1 race in 2013 and since then no other F1 races have been hosted. The reason behind it can probably be due to anti-tobacco legislation, and some changes in government policy.
Formula One has introduced its platform, F1 TV Pro in India for the 2023 season. While local platforms are no longer available for streaming, fans may still use the official F1 TV player for $3.99 per month or $29.99 for the entire year.
The cost of F1’s streaming service is the lowest in India at this time. It can cost upwards of $80 a year in other nations, so getting F1 TV Pro from India is a terrific method to obtain a significant discount while utilizing a VPN.
With this, there avails a facility for all Indian fans to stream their favorite F1 races. Any Indian using a VPN can use it to access free F1 streaming from any location in the world.
The implementation of new technical regulations is one of the biggest developments for the 2023 season. These rules encourage closer racing and greater overtaking while simultaneously making the cars slower, lighter, and more efficient.
The modifications include a smaller size for the front and rear wings, streamlined suspension components, and lessened engine output.
Since many teams invest considerably in R&D to make sure their vehicles are competitive, the new technical regulations will have a big impact on the teams and drivers. Established teams like Mercedes, Red Bull Racing, and Ferrari will compete against up-and-coming teams like Alpine, Aston Martin, and AlphaTauri during the 2023 season.
A few venerable tracks, like Zandvoort in the Netherlands and Imola in Italy, will return for the 2023 season. Both venues have a long F1 history, with Imola hosting the San Marino Grand Prix from 1981 to 2006 and Zandvoort having the Netherlands Grand Prix from 1952 to 1985.
Fans of Formula One will be thrilled to witness the world’s top drivers take on these difficult circuits, so the return of these legendary tracks is guaranteed to be exciting.
Lewis Hamilton, the current champion, will be attempting to win his eighth world championship as Max Verstappen, who finished second in the 2022 championship, attempts to unseat him. Sergio Perez, Lando Norris, and Charles Leclerc are other drivers to keep an eye on as they are all predicted to contend for podium finishes and race victories.
Miami, Florida will host a new race starting in the 2023 season. The Miami Grand Prix will be held on a brand-new track created to highlight the best of the city while giving the drivers a distinctive and difficult racing experience. Fans from all over the world are anticipated to attend, making it one of the season’s high points.
Most Popular Formula One Driver In 2023
Fans are excitedly anticipating the performances of some of the most well-known and successful drivers in the sport as the 2023 Formula One Championship draws near.
Here are some of the well-known Formula One athletes to keep an eye out for in 2023:
1. Max Verstappen
Dutch Formula One driver Max Verstappen is currently driving for Red Bull Racing. Coming from a racing family itself, Max was born in Hasselt, Belgium, on September 30, 1997. Jos Verstappen, his father, was a Formula One driver, while Sophie Kumpen, his mother, competed in kart racing.
Max started karting at an early age and advanced fast through the ranks, taking home many titles in the junior divisions. He made his single-seater racing debut in the Florida Winter Series in 2014, and shortly after that, he transitioned to the FIA Formula 3 European Championship.
Here is a quick summary of Max Verstappen’s carrier and personality:
- Max is known for his no-nonsense approach to racing, often speaking his mind and standing up for himself and his team.
- He is a Dutch racer.
- He debuted in the Florida winter series 2014 as a racer.
2. Lando Norris
Because of his likable demeanor and great track performances, the McLaren driver has won over many fans. In the tournament in 2021, he came in third, and in 2023, he’s predicted to keep improving.
3. Charles Leclerc
The Ferrari driver is another rising star in F1. He has shown impressive speed and skill and has already secured several race wins and podium finishes in his career.
In 2014, Charles made his debut in single-seater racing in the French F4 Championship, where he won the title in his first season. Then he advanced to the Formula Renault 2.0 and GP3 series, where he persisted in blowing everyone away with his speed and prowess.
Here is a quick summary of Charles Leclerc’s carrier and personality:
- 1. In 2018, Charles made his Formula One debut for Sauber, now known as Alfa Romeo Racing.
- Charles was moved to Scuderia Ferrari in 2019, where he rapidly made a name for himself as one of the sport’s best drivers.
4. Lewis Hamilton
The reigning world champion and one of the most successful drivers in F1 history, Hamilton is a household name and a fan favorite. With seven world championships under his belt, he is always a top contender for race wins and podium finishes.
Lewis won his first Formula One championship in 2008, beating Felipe Massa by a single point in a dramatic season finale.
5. Sergio Perez
The Mexican driver had a breakout year in 2021, securing his first race win and finishing fourth in the championship. He will be looking to build on that success in 2023 and establish himself as a consistent front-runner.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is there any way to watch F1 for free?
Many paid streaming services like F1TV, Sky Sports, and ESPN+ offer free trials for new subscribers. You can sign up for a free trial during the race weekend and enjoy the coverage for free. To prevent being charged, make sure to cancel before the trial period expires.
2. What apps can I watch for Formula 1 for free?
There are no apps that provide live streaming of Formula One races for free. However, some paid apps offer free trials that allow you to watch F1 races for a limited time without paying.
3. How can I watch F1 2023 for free in India?
For new users, many streaming providers, like F1TV, Hotstar, and ESPN+, offer free trials. During the race weekend, you can sign up for a free trial and watch the broadcast at no cost. To avoid being charged, just remember to cancel before the trial period expires.
We hope that you were able to find out, how to watch F1 for free in India. Above provided is the variety of options you can try to avail of F1 free in India.
From official websites to social media, betting websites to mobile apps, and subscription-based platforms, there are several ways to watch the championship live without spending a penny. So, grab your popcorn and enjoy the adrenaline-fueled action of F1!