To know about India Post GDS Salary 2023, keep reading this article. A Branch Post Master’s yearly compensation should typically start at Rs. 1,44,000 per year. While the annual compensation for the position of Gramin Dak Sevak and Assistant Branch Post Master is up to Rs. 1,20,000.
India Post is organizing Post Office GDS Recruitment 2023 for the 40889 positions for Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS), Branch Postmasters (BPM), and Assistant Branch Postmasters (ABPM)/Dak Sevaks. Candidates should be well-versed in India Post GDS Salary 2023 if they intend to take part in this recruitment procedure.
India Post GDS Salary 2023
The India Post Office is enabling more and more people with opportunities to earn an honest living as GDS, ABPM, or BPM. With an initial salary of Rs 10,000/- for GDS and Rs 12,000/- for BPM, the postal service is providing a secure and consistent source of income.
In addition to the initial pay package, the Time-Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA) and Dearness Allowance allow post office personnel to further their incomes to support their families.
With these new updates in salary structure becoming available from 2023 onwards, aspirants have no better time than now to consider applying for any of these positions at the India Post Office!
|Post Office Salary 2023|
|ABPM/ GDS||Rs. 10,000/- to Rs. 24,470/-|
|BPM||Rs. 12,000/- to Rs. 29,380/-|
India Post GDS Salary Structure
|Working Hours||Basic Salary||DA (119%)||Gross Salary||Increment||PTAX||EDGIS|
|Hours upto 3hrs||Rs. 2,045||Rs. 3,261||Rs. 6, 012||Rs. 50||Rs. 110||Rs. 50|
|Hours upto 3hrs 30min||Rs. 3,200||Rs. 3808||Rs. 7,008||Rs. 60||Rs. 110||Rs. 50|
|Hours upto 4hrs||Rs. 3,660||Rs. 4,355||Rs. 8,015||Rs. 70||Rs. 110||Rs. 50|
|Hours upto 5hrs||Rs. 4,575||Rs. 5,444||Rs. 10,019||Rs. 85||Rs. 110||Rs. 50|
India Post GDS Salary 2023- Perks & Allowances
- Time-Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA)
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Applicable TRCA
India Post GDS Salary 2023- Job Profile
- Day-to-day postal operations of Branch Post Office and India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) involve more than a person providing mail conveyance and delivery.
- A successful BPM is also responsible for successfully marketing and promoting the products and services offered by their branch.
- Furthermore, BPMs oversee the functioning of the branch’s Customer Services Center, which provides additional services.
- This can include training staff in customer service experiences as well as mediating any negative experiences for patrons.
- It’s important to note that a BPM may also be called on to perform duties typically performed by ABPMs from time to time, depending on the needs of their superiors such as IPOs, ASPOs, SPOs, and SSPOs.
- Finally, applicants have to provide accommodation for their Branch Post Office before engagement – marking an essential step in becoming a successful BPM.
Branch Post Master
- The daily postal operations of a Branch Post Office and India Post Payments Bank is managed by a Branch Post Master (BPM) (IPPB).
- This involves advertising and promoting the goods and services the Department offers, running different services in the customer care centers, and making sure that mail delivery and conveyance go without a hitch.
- BPMs are also expected to perform combined duties of ABPMs whenever required, as well as any other tasks assigned by their superiors such as IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs.
- In cases of single-handed BOs, they take on extra responsibility in overseeing the timely functioning of all systems with ease. All in all, it serves an important role that helps keep many postal operations running smoothly.
Also read: MP Forest Guard Recruitment 2023 Notification Out, Apply Online For 2112 Posts
Assistant Branch Post Master (ABPM)
- An Assistant Branch Post Master (ABPM) is responsible for a variety of duties hugely important in postal operations, making them key personnel in many departments.
- ABPMs are responsible for selling stamps and stationery, as well as ensuring delivery of mail to individual doorsteps.
- Additionally, deposits, payments, and other transactions of IPPB also fall into their realm of responsibility.
- On top of all of this, an ABPM can also be required to perform Combined Duty Operations at BPMs when ordered to do so.
- Furthermore, they may be asked to conduct marketing and promotion initiatives on products and services the department provides, manage various services in a Customer Services Centre (CSC), or perform any other task assigned by superiors like IPO/ASPO/SPOs/SSPOs, etc.
- In short, ABPMs do vital work within the Department to ensure smooth daily operations.
Also read: SSC MTS 2023 Notification Out For 12523 Posts, Apply Online Starts
Gramin Dak Sevak Job Profile
- As a Gramin Dak Sevak, it’s both an exciting and important job.
- The main responsibilities include assisting with the opening and closing of bags at Railway Mail Services (RMS) as well as managing the sale of stamps and stationery, transporting mail to their final destinations, marketing, and business procurement.
- On top of all this, they often lend a hand with other duties that the Postmaster or Sub Postmaster assigns them.
- It’s not an easy role but by working diligently they can contribute significantly to the smooth functioning of Departmental Post Offices.
- If you have great organizational and communication skills and would like to help improve India’s communication infrastructure then a job at Gramin Dak Sevak is for you!
Also read: Post Office GDS Recruitment 2023 For 40889 Vacancy, Registration Starts
In conclusion, India Post GDS Salary 2023 promises to be another great year for the Department of Posts in India. With dedicated and hardworking employees, they are sure to bring greater efficiency and higher wages to all their members. We hope this article has been a helpful guide to understanding the pay structures of GDS.