As you are aware, the government had previously placed emphasis on Ration card surrender, however, they have since provided clarification. Ration cards are an important part of life in India. Issued by the government, they allow citizens to purchase subsidized goods from authorized retailers.
However, sometimes the government requires people to surrender their ration cards. This can be a confusing process, so today we’re going to explain what happens when you turn in your ration card and what benefits come with doing so. Read on for more information!
How To Surrender Ration Card?
- To turn in your ration card, visit the Tehsil or DSO office.
- You must complete the Ration Card Surrender Form by going here.
- You then need to fill out this form.
- You must now fill out the Ration Card Surrender Form with the reason you are surrendering your ration card.
- The appropriate documents must then be attached as photocopies or photostats.
- Presently hand in the ration card and the Ration Card Surrender Form to the office or tehsil.
Ration Card Surrender News In Hindi
On Sunday, the UP government was quick to declare that no new orders relating to the surrender or cancellation of ration cards in the state of Uttar Pradesh had been issued.
Additionally, Sourav Babu, the state’s food commissioner, denied the “misleading and incorrect stories” that have been making the rounds in several media outlets in this respect, saying that “ration card verification is a regular process that is done from time to time.”
Additionally, all of the rumors that are circulating about giving up your Varshan card in order to meet the new qualifying requirements are unfounded and untrue. In addition, he made it clear that there had been no modifications to the eligibility requirements for domestic ration cards since they were established in 2014.
Government Denied The Claims Of Ration Card Recovery
Additionally, the Uttar Pradesh government clarified the claims of recovery. And with that said, the National Food Security Act of 2013 and the current regulations do not include a procedure for recovering money from invalid ration card holders, and the government has debunked any claims made about recovery. All of this information was released by the government via its Twitter account, and the claims of recovery were refuted.
Eligibility For UP Ration Card
Now we’ll explain the requirements the government has set for ration card holders and describe who qualifies for a card based on these standards:
- A household headed by a single woman or a widow will qualify for a ration card if their combined monthly income is $15,000 or less.
- If a person in the household is 60 years of age or older and has an incurable illness, the family will additionally qualify for a ration card if their total monthly income is less than 15,000.
- primitive tribal families or tribes living in outlying locations.
- A household whose total land area is less than 4 hectares of unirrigated land, less than 1 hectare of irrigated land, or less than 2 hectares of unirrigated land
- People who reside in orphanages and juvenile detention centers
- Ashram widowed women
- Residents at leprosy ashrams, mental health facilities, beggar houses, old age facilities, and facilities for the crippled, among others, will be eligible for ration cards.
Ineligibility For Ration Card
Knowing which ration card holders have been ruled ineligible and invalid by the government is also important for those who want to surrender their ration cards. The following are the guidelines for becoming ineligible for a ration card:
- A ration card bearer is not eligible for a ration card if he or she owns a plot, apartment, or house that is 100 square meters or more.
- Owners of four-wheeled vehicles, such as tractors and cars, will also not be eligible for ration cards.
- In metropolitan areas, families with ration card holders who earn more than Rs 3 lakh annually are also ineligible for ration cards.
- The yearly family income of ration card holders in rural regions who make more than two lakh rupees will also disqualify them from receiving a ration card.
Why Was The Order Of Ration Card Surrender Implemented?
The government had initiated the free ration card program as part of the ration card program. While the poor were the primary target audience for this program, many other low-income residents who are not qualified for ration cards are also benefiting from it and using all the services that come with a ration card. Because of this, the poor have been denied access to this program’s benefits.
Due to this scam, Uttar Pradesh’s Chief Minister, the Honorable Yogi Adityanath Ji, has ordered the retrenchment of all ration card holders who are not qualified for the card and who, while being ineligible, are nevertheless able to utilize all the benefits that come with the card.
Such individuals have been given the chance to surrender their ration cards by the government. Legal action may be taken against you if you refuse to give up your ration card, and you will also be required to pay a fine of 27 per kg for the food products you have already taken.
- Ration Card Renewal Online 2022
- Cowin.Gov.In Covid Vaccine Certificate Download PDF By Mobile Number
- Ration Card UP 2022
FAQs: Ration Card Surrender
Q 1: How Can I Surrender My Ration Card In India?
A 1: To obtain a surrender certificate, a citizen must submit his or her ration card to the local DSO. One must submit the surrender certificate to the DSO of his new region when applying for a new ration card receiving the surrender certificate from the DSO. Rural applicants use GPO to complete their applications.
Q 2: How Can I Return My Ration Card In Uttar Pradesh?
A 2: By completing this form, the beneficiary may cancel their ration card. A beneficiary can download an online form and submit it along with the required paperwork to a Mamlatdar or Zonal office that is nearby.
Q 3: Is An Indian Ration Card Required?
A 3: Although obtaining it is optional and not required for all citizens, many do so because it is a recognized form of identification that enables access to numerous government benefits under this program.
Q 4: What Advantages Does The White Ration Card Offer?
A 4: The white color denotes that you are an Indian national who is not living in poverty. Red, blue, green, or yellow ration cards: People who are in poverty are issued these kinds of ration cards. They can buy food at reduced prices thanks to this ration card.
The process of ration card surrender can be a little overwhelming, but it is important to make sure all the required documents are submitted so that you can receive your new ration card as soon as possible.
We hope this article was helpful and provided all the information you need to successfully complete the process. If you have any questions or run into any problems, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us for assistance. Thank you for reading!