GEM Login for Buyer & Seller 2021: The government of India has started a platform for government departments, under which government departments and common people need anything, they can buy and sell through this portal respectively and it is a government e-marketplace portal. Therefore, with the help of this portal, you can also do business with the government and by doing business with the government, you can earn good amount. To know how you can register in this portal and how you can take advantage of it, read our full article here.Today we will talk about a service which has been provided by the Government of India.With the help of which you can take government small and big tenders easily.
GeM Portal 2021
In today’s modern era of internet, while all the work is complete through online medium with ease and transparency, in such a situation, to buy something for government and public use, the government of India has also started a portal in the form of an online market, whose name is GEM Portal.The full form of GeM is Government e-Marketplace and it is a kind of e-commerce portal in which the government has linked various ministries, departments and agencies. All these departments will now buy the goods and services of their use through the e-commerce portal and now their entire purchase will be online only. Actually this portal has been started because it was often seen that people working in government jobs used to buy something cheap in the office and send its bill to the government due to which the government suffered a lot.
Whenever there was a need for any goods in the government office, first tenders were issued which were offline and not many people were aware of them.Now information of any tender will be easily available on GeM and applications can also be filled for tender.Here you can also give your services, such as if you want to provide a fan in any department here, then you can also take its tender from here.In the same way, you can give even the smallest of services. It is an online marketplace in which you can sell or buy product or goods online directly to the government, in a way it acts like a link between the government and the common trader who sells a product.
Government e-Marketplace- Details
|Name of the portal||GeM – Government e-Marketplace|
|Under Ministry||Ministry of Commerce, Government of India|
|Developed by||Directorate General of Supplies & Goods (DGS&D)|
|Eligibility Criteria||Any seller who produces and sells products or services can be fully eligible to sell by registering in this portal.|
|Official website URL||gem.gov.in|
Important documents to apply online
- Pan card
- Aadhar card
- Aadhar linked mobile number
- E mail ID
- full business address
- Latest ITR with calculation where profits and gains from business and sales gross receipts of business
- MSME (if any)
- Trade mark certificate (if any)
- NSIC (if any)
- The type of products or services provided by the business
Primary Objectives of GEM Portal
The main objective of the Government e-Marketplace is to provide an online platform to all the small and big businessmen of the country, using which they can easily sell their product or any service directly to the government and do business directly with the government. The main objective of the Government e-Marketplace is to make business environment as transparent for all the parties involved in the business and it provides e-bidding, reverse e-auction and demand aggregation tools for the convenience of government users, to get the best value for their money.
Services available on GEM Online Portal
- Gem Online Portal provides different list of different goods and services by dividing them into categories
- All the products available on Gem can be evaluated among themselves according to their different characteristics
- Gem is an online and transparent medium for the supply of government and public services
- It follows complete transparency in all types of purchases and offers different options for both Buyers and Sellers.
- Products can also be bought and sold through Gem using E-bid.
- Gem also provides information about the stock of that product or service.
GeM Portal Registration
- The seller has to first visit the official website of GEM to register his firm or company.
- There you will get the option of Seller in the sign up option on the home page, the applicant has to click on it
- After that, after reading all the terms and conditions, it will have to be agreed.
- Then you have to submit the form you have filled, whatever information is asked about your firm or company,
- Then you will have to verify the OTP for your mobile verification, after that your username and password will be send to you, using which you can log in to the GEM portal.
GEM Login for Buyer & Seller 2021
- Visit the official website of GEM for Buyer and Seller Login- gem.gov.in
- Click on Login option on the homepage and the login page will be displayed on the screen.
- Now enter your user ID of Government e-Marketplace, and captcha code, and click on submit option.
- You have to enter the password on the next page of the link.
- And click on the login option to enter your profile and access various services of the GEM portal.
Government e-Marketplace- FAQ
What is the GeM Portal Facility Fee?
Guys the fee for Government E-Marketplace has not been kept high, you have to pay small fee for the facility of GeM Portal. If you buy or sell goods worth more than 30 lakh rupees through the portal, then you have to pay only 0.5% charge.
Who can sell goods on Government e-Marketplace?
Any seller who produces, can register on Government e-Marketplace and sell.
How to register in Government e-Marketplace?
To register in Government e-Marketplace, you only have to go to its official portal and submit the form by filling the details and then you will get its ID and password.