PM Awas Yojana: PM Awas yojana stands for Pradhan Mantri Awas yojana 2021. Under this initiative, the esteemed government of India has decided to provide housing opportunities to the underprivileged section of society.
PM Awas Yojana Sataus, List, 2021
All the applicants who are eligible for this scheme are provided with home shelters by the central government department. This scheme has been launched for the year of 2022. This yojana or scheme has been started by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
Highlights of PM Awas Yojana
|Name of the scheme||PM Awas Yojana|
|Launched by||Central Government|
|Effective from||June 2015|
|Department||Ministry of housing and urban affairs|
|Beneficiaries||Economically weaker section of people|
|Benefits||Providing pakka houses to ews|
What is PM Awas Yojana?
The central government of India has launched a scheme back in 25th June 2015 popularly known as pradhan mantri Awas yojana in various states of India. Now, with the imp mentation of this yojana by the esteemed Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), the central government is all set to provide pakka house to all the eligible candidates in urban households by 2022 year. Ensuring proper shelter for the citizens belonging to the category of EWS/LIG/ MIG/slum dwellers.
Objectives of PM Awas Yojana
The central government has planned to build than 2 crore pkka houses for the financially weaker people in various urban areas of the country. The pradhan Mantri Awas yojana mainly focuses on to build these proposed number of shelters for the eligible candidates before 31st march 2022 as a remark for when India will celebrate its 75th Independence Day. Various procedures will be carried out and measures will be taken to meet this target of building pucca houses for the urban poor. The central government will collaborate with real estate builders and construction contractors for building pucca house shelters in an eco-friendly way.
What are the features of PM Awas Yojana?
The PM Awas Yojana has been launched to uplift the living conditions and lifestyle of Indian people, especially the ones who are financially weak and living in urban areas. Let’s have a look at some of the key features of pm awas yojana:
- All the eligible candidates will receive the benefit of this pm awas yojana in the form of interest subsidy of upto 6.5% on their housing loans for the period up to 20 years.
- After taking the income group of the candidate into consideration, the subsidy amount will vary.
- All the pucca houses that will be built by the central government under the pm awas yijna scheme will use eco-friendly material and other sustainable technologies.
- The ground floor accommodation will be preferred for physically challenged or senior citizens.
- The scheme will make the eligible candidates to access housing across any of the 4041 statutory towns.
Pm awas yojana list of all eligible states and UTs
The central government has released the official states and UTs list whose urban areas are considered under the PM Awas Yojana. Following is the list of all the eligible states and UTs:
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- NCT of Delhi
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
Eligibility criteria for PM Awas Yojana.
The central government has proposed certain eligibility criteria for the beneficiaries which are to be followed in order to take the benefit of this pm awas yojana list:
- The beneficiary should not have any pucca house in name of any member of his family at the time of applying for the pm awas yojana scheme.
- The beneficiary should not be a part of any other housing scheme proposed by the central government.
- In case of economically weaker section applicant, the unit must be in the name of the head of the family who is above 18 years of age.
- The pucca house will be provided on the bases of income eligibility of a household. If provided, the house is named in head of family member’s name or jointly in name of both husband and wife.
- The beneficiaries maximum age must be 70 years.
- Once allotted, all the renovation charges and self-construction loans will only be provided to economically weaker section and lower income group categories beneficiaries.
Eligibility on the basis of income of beneficiaries for PM Awas Yojana.
The central government ensures to provide pucca houses to the beneficiaries on the basis of their income limits. Let’s have a look at income limits proposed for each category by the central government in pm awas yojana:
- EWS (Economic Weaker Section) family income – ₹3 lakhs per annum
- LIG (Lower Income Group) Family Income – ₹6 Lakhs per annum
- Middle Income Group -(MIG-I) income – ₹6 lakhs to ₹12 lakhs per annum
- (MIG-II) income – ₹12 lakhs to ₹18 lakhs per annum
Three phase status of PM Awas Yojana.
The pm awas yojana was launched back in 2015 and is targeted for the year 2022. Let’s have a look at its three phases of conduction for better understanding about this scheme and its progress:
- Phase 1: April 2015 to March 2017: 100 cities covered al around India
- Phase 2: April 2017 to March 2019: cover additional 200 cities
- Phase 3: April 2019 to March 2022: All the remaining cities to be covered around the country.
Steps to check name in PM Awas Yojana list.
The central government prepares the PM Awas Yojana list separately for both rural and urban areas.
To check your name in urban list of pm awas yojana follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: go to the official website of ministry of housing and urban affairs.
- Step 2: on the homepage, click on the ‘ select beneficiary option’
- Step 3: A drop down list will appear. Now; select the ‘search by name’ option.
- Step 4: enter your name and click on show button.