SASSA Status Check 2023: Millions of South Africans receive social assistance each month from the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA). For jobless South Africans with no other means of support, one such award is the R350 monthly COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant. As a beneficiary, you can check the status and payment details of your SRD grant online through multiple channels.
The SRD grant was introduced in 2020 as temporary financial relief during the COVID-19 pandemic. It provides R350 monthly to unemployed South Africans above 18 years with no other income source. Initially valid for 6 months, the grant has been repeatedly extended and is available until March 2024.
Over 10 million South Africans have benefited from this grant so far. SASSA invites new applications and reapplications from existing beneficiaries every few months. As an applicant, you must check the status to track your application and payment details.
SASSA Status Check 2023
|Name of the Organisation||South African Social Security Agency (SASSA)|
|Scheme||COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress (SRD)|
|Grant||R350 monthly grant|
|August 2023 Payment Dates||Old Persons – 02 August 2023 Disability – 03 August 2023 Children – 04 August 2023|
|Status Checking Credentials||South African ID number, mobile number|
How to Check SASSA SRD Status Online
Via SASSA Website
2. Enter your ID number and mobile number used during the application.
3. Select the month to view your status- approved, pending, declined, etc.
4. You can also view the payment date if approved.
2. You will receive an instant reply with your SRD status.
Through the SASSA Call Centre
2. To check your status, select your language and adhere to the instructions.
Using GovChat on Facebook
2. Send a message with your ID number to check your status.
Downloading Moya App
2. Login using your ID and mobile number.
3. View the real-time status of your SRD application.
Understanding SASSA SRD Status Messages
SASSA Status Check 2023: When you check your status through any of the above methods, you may get one of the following messages:
- Approved– Your grant application has been approved, and payment will be made on the date shown.
- Pending– Your application is still being processed. Please wait.
- Declined– Your application has been rejected. You can appeal within 30 days.
- Reapplication Pending– SASSA still needs to receive your reapplication. Please reapply online.
- Bank Details Pending– Provide your bank details to receive payment.
- Application Complete– You have successfully reapplied for the SRD grant.
- Cancelled– SASSA has cancelled Your SRD grant. Please contact for details.
Essential Points on SASSA SRD Status
- Check your status every month to get the latest updates.
- Update your contact details if your phone number has changed.
- Provide correct bank details to avoid payment delays. Choose bank transfer over cardless cash payment.
- If the status shows declined or pending, contact SASSA to resolve issues. You can reapply or appeal within 30 days.
- Inform SASSA if you start earning an income to avoid penalties.
- Payment runs from the 1st to the 5th of every month. Check the account before reporting non-payment.
- The status may take a few days to update. Be patient and avoid multiple status checks.
- Save the SASSA helpline number for assistance with status issues.
How to Check SASSA SRD Grant Balance?
If you are collecting your SRD grant through cash send or post office, you can check the available balance by:
👉Dialing *120*69277# to receive the balance via SMS.
👉Visiting the nearest post office with ID and providing a mobile number.
👉Calling the SASSA call center for assistance.
However, bank account holders can view current balances in their bank account or on mobile banking.
SRD Grant Payment Dates
SASSA Status Check 2023: The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) has planned the payment dates for the new cycle of the Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant.
This temporary grant provides monthly financial relief to unemployed individuals and families facing dire economic circumstances. SASSA has announced the SRD payment schedule from July 2023 up until March 2024. The specific payment dates per month are detailed in the table below:
|July 2023||4th, 5th, 6th|
|September 2023||5th, 6th, 7th|
|October 2023||3rd, 4th, 5th|
|November 2023||2nd, 3rd, 6th|
|December 2023||1st, 4th, 5th|
|January 2024||3rd, 4th, 5th|
|February 2024||2nd, 5th, 6th|
|March 2024||5th, 6th, 7th|
As per the schedule, payments are made during the first week of the month.
The online SASSA Status Check 2023 facilities offer an easy and convenient way for beneficiaries to monitor their grant application and payments every month. These online options allow applicants and grant recipients to get real-time updates on the status of their SRD grant without having to visit SASSA offices in person.
SRD beneficiaries should make regular use of the available online status check methods like the SASSA website, SMS, WhatsApp, Call Center, GovChat, and Moya App. Checking status frequently can help identify and resolve any issues promptly. If the status shows declined, pending, or any other discrepancy, beneficiaries should contact SASSA right away to avoid delays in approval or payment.
Also, Read:Punjab Ration Card List 2023 – Latest Update
IGRSUP GOV IN | Stamp And Registration Department | igrsup.gov.in | Property And marriage registration | Benefit, Services |